Thursday, June 4, 2009

Good luck grads

I graduated from high school on June 7, 2001 -- my 18th birthday. It was very fitting to make the transition from high school into what I thought was the "real world" on the day I legally became an adult.

I'm an extremely emotional person, but I didn't shed a tear at graduation; not even after my Prendie classmates, some of whom I haven't seen since, serenaded me with "Happy Birthday" before the ceremony began. I guess it's because I knew I had a lot to look forward to. Although it was hard to say gooodbye to the comforts of high school life, I was confident there was more for me to experience. So I walked forward, diploma in hand, and never looked back.

To read about the extraordinary accomplishments of the Class of 2009, read today's CS&T.

No comments: